Wednesday 2 March 2011

GBoost, any good?

After being sent an offer code for Game Booster from IOBIT, I decided to see if there was a free alternative.  I came accross GBoost quite quickly, so decided to test it and see if it was worth the effort running such a tool.


Pre Boost
1st run, no Boost.

Run GBoost tool

2nd benchmark with Boost enabled


I think you can see from the results above that GBoost has increased the performance available to games, but is it really enough?  Those of you looking to squeeze the best performance out of a system might feel like running it, but anyone interested in getting 300 extra points in a 3DMark score is probably going to manually disable everything anyway, just to get the highest score.

I would like to point out that this was a quick one run test.  Extended testing would be needed to prove definably increased performance.  I intend to run with the tool to test real world performance.

Edit:
After reading on the GBoost forum, it sounds like 3DMark will not show a large improvement, but I should notice a difference when playing something like Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment