Wednesday 12 May 2010

It's alive

The dead Macbook Pro has been resurrected. The faulty logic board has been replaced, and I think it might have had something to do with my HDD, as the replaced that too. They fitted a new one and attached my old drive to the outside of the case.

The site I used looked like it could have been dodgy, and I also found them on eBay, but the comments looked OK. I sent my 2nd wife off to them, and 5 days later I was up and running again. I have made good use of Superduper in the past, but I took this opportunity to do a manual reload of 10.6 and upgraded to Windows 7.

If you have a laptop that you need repairing, I used www.applerepairsinlondon.co.uk. They also go by other names, and seem to provide training. They were fast and have done a good job.

Thanks

Danny

No comments:

Post a Comment