Tuesday 26 May 2009

Warhammer Painting

My son has the week off, so I decided to have some time off as well. Unfortunately he loves Games Workshop Warhammer 40K and Lord of The Rings figures, but because he is only 6, I end up building and painting most of it. Today was the first time I have used the Games Workshop - Citadel Spray Gun, and it's a PITA.

While spraying the propellant cans get very cold which reduces the pressure substantially. I have three propellant canisters, which I had to rotate frequently, and I went through 1 1/2 pots of paint at £2.25 each.

I'm starting to think that spraying them with the Games Workshop spray kit is a very expensive way of painting your models. I did look at THE ARMY PAINTER's spray paints, and I'm wondering if they offer a better way of colouring a lot of models. Using the GW spray kit seemed to take a long time and didn't give a perfect even coat over all surfaces, leaving patches that didn't get much spray.

I aim to buy some of the spray for more of my sons Tyranids, which he wants mainly red with blue armour. I have also been looking at their Necrotic flesh for his LoTR Army of the dead, and Greenskin for the Orks he wants to start collecting.

If they cover half as well as the GW black spray, I should be able to paint most of an army with one can.

I'll let you know.


No comments:

Post a Comment